Honeymooning for nine years across 7 continents and 62 countries, Mike & Anne Howard are The World’s Longest Honeymooners and founders of the popular travel site, HoneyTrek.com. Using Anne’s background as a magazine editor and Mike’s as a digital media strategist and photographer, the Howards started HoneyTrek in 2011 to chronicle their journey and wrote National Geographic’s bestselling book on couples adventure travel, Ultimate Journeys for Two and the first travel book on glamping in North America. The Howards inspire couples to explore the world and their passions, bond through shared experience, and celebrate life at every turn. Having reviewed 200 luxury hotels and adventure outfitters across all seven continents, they know the five-star side of travel, but also how to get to the heart of local culture. The Howards’ remarkable journey has been acclaimed by over 100 media outlets. Their travel advice has been the subject of feature articles in BBC Travel, InStyle, US. World News & Report, Brides, Globe and Mail, and The Washington Post. Their compelling story and charismatic ways, landed them a starring role in a Microsoft television commercial, while their travel savvy and quality content creation is regularly employed by tourism boards from Visit Mexico to Travel Alberta. More and more brands are seeing the value of working with the Howards and find that few couples travel influencers come from such a place of professionalism and authenticity.
From technology companies to tourism boards, the brands we work with are varied yet have a common goal to delight and inspire through travel.
Editorial & Marketing Campaigns
- Campaign Reach: 591,388
- Campaign Engagement (comments, likes, shares): 23,894
- See full editorial and social campaign touch-points here.
Día de Muertos Campaign for Lonely Planet & Visit Mexico
- Using social media effectively for maximum engagement and reach across Facebook Live, Instagram Photography, Instagram Stories, Snapchat Takeovers, Pinterest Boards, and Twitter Chats.
- Creating long-form articles and professionally shot and edited video
- Leadership skills of running a local videography team comprised of a DP, editor, and assistant
- Communicating and meeting the needs of multiple departments, across editorial, sales, and social.
- Campaign Reach: 3,014,186
- Engagement (comments, likes & shares): 28,244
- See full editorial and social campaign touch-points here.
- Campaign Reach: 634,984
- Campaign Engagement (comments, likes, shares): 84,674
- See a sampling of the 88 pieces of content created in this 10-day campaign.
Microsoft & Dell Television Commercial
For this Windows 10 campaign, Microsoft was looking for real people who’ve used technology to pursue their passions. They tapped leaders in their fields from Tony-award winning set designers to NFL coaches and one pair of travel bloggers. Out of all the influencers they could have chosen, HoneyTrek made the top of their list. Having successfully completed this international TV campaign with Microsoft, their ad agency McCann Erickson and famed director Jake Scott of RSA Films, we can offer our experience with:
- Ideation and content development for proposals and assets needed for Fortune 500 clients and award-wining production teams
- On-camera composure and professionalism needed to perform on a 100-person shoot for a million-dollar production
- SAG accreditation to work in major Hollywood Studios
- See our our behind-the-scenes blog on the making of the commercial.
Dominican Republic Video Series
When looking for travel influencers to promote a little-known region of the DR, full of opportunities for adventure and romance, the Dominican Republic Tourism board called HoneyTrek. Over the course of a seven-day video shoot, we worked with their production team to highlight the beauty of the Southwest by embarking on the most exciting activities and showcasing them in a compelling way. The video above is one of a ten-part series, see more videos here and our behind the scenes blog here.
HoneyTrek Goes Viral for Travel North Dakota
Our Services as Couples Travel Influencers
As travel influencers, we strive to engage our audience and increase conversion with compelling content, social media, native advertising, SEO boosts, contests, and a trusted voice in travel. Each of the services below are also available individually to create a custom campaign tailored to your brand’s needs.
- Marketing & Editorial Packages
- Social Media Promotion and Audience Engagement
- Travel & Hospitality Consulting
- Destination, Resort & Excursion Reviews
- Freelance Writing and Photography
- Speaking Engagements
- Display Advertising
- (Email us for details or give us a call (888) 852-9383)
Social Media Followers………………………………………… 333,995
Domain Authority……………………………………………… 53
Monthly Unique Visitors ………………………………………. 52,775
Avg. Time Spent on Site ………………………………………. 2 min. 13 sec.
Avg. Page Views ……………………………………………… 2.1/session
Gender (M/F) ………………………………………………… 46%/54%
Age ………………………………………………………… 18-34yrs(44%) / 35-55yrs(34%)
– Meaghan Dougherty; Public Relations Director, Visit Florida
“Mike and Anne are the real deal amongst a lot of clutter out there in travel”
– Mary Carey, Host ~ RMWorldTravel with Robert & Mary Carey and Rudy Maxa
“I have had the pleasure of working with Mike and Anne on their book, Ultimate Journeys for Two. They are proactive marketers who tirelessly hit the pavement seeking out innovative and creative ways to promote their title. Mike and Anne are well-spoken, adventurous souls who will be successful in any challenge they may choose to tackle.
– Daneen Goodwin; Senior Marketing Director, National Geographic
“This is one of the best blog posts I’ve ever received from travel influencers. Very inspiring. And WOW, your campaign reporting is amazing. You guys are super organized and are raising the bar.”
—Sarah Scoltock, Senior Director of Communications UnCruise Adventures
“As seasoned writers and influencers, the Howards understand all the intricacies of putting together a program that is complete yet allows some wiggle room, that’s inclusive without being exhausting. Here in chilly Quebec, they embraced it all with determination, did not skip a beat and never lost their smile. Bravo. Personally speaking, the time I spent with them was 9/10 fun and 1/10 work. Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of working with them again.”
– Nancy Dacres; Account Executive, Quebec City Tourism
“HoneyTrek is probably the best round-the-world travelogue style blog I’ve seen…ever!”
– Christine Gilbert; Acclaimed Blogger, Almost Fearless
“Mike & Anne are consummate professionals with the digital marketing experience to understand our goals. We’ve done campaigns with big media brands but you are spending a lot more money for less personal attention. Their Editorial and Marketing campaign has delivered good ROI through social media exposure, banner ads and SEO linking.”
– Paul McDonald; Marketing Manager, Active Adventures
“They don’t just have a website, Facebook and Twitter accounts for their journey, they’ve got a brand: HoneyTrek.”
– Chris Reynolds; Travel Editor, Los Angeles Times
“HoneyTrek’s editorial reviews are a real gem. It’s always a joy sharing pieces like these.”
– Douglas Foote; International Public Relations Manager, Park Hyatt
“It has been a pleasure working with Anne and Mike through the years. They’re always on time, submit only top-quality articles, very organized and personable with a professional and go-getter attitude. Without hesitation, they go above and beyond for Glamping.com and I can’t say enough good things about this lovely couple.” – Editorial Coordinator & Product Manager, Glamping.com
HoneyTrek in the News
To find out how to work with couples travel influencers, Mike & Anne of HoneyTrek, please email us at Partnerships@HoneyTrek.com or call Monday-Friday 9am-9pm ET, (888) 852-9383. We would love to send you our current media kit and brainstorm potential synergies between our brands. We look forward to working with you!