Thailand is like the black hole of good times. We didn’t even mean to be here six weeks but all the fun kept pushing our departure date back. The beauty of the beaches, the flavors of the food, the kindness of the people, and strength of the drinks…definitely make you lose all sense of time in this magical land. The South wooed us with its jaw-dropping landscapes and party scene while the North won us over with its rich history and warm hearts. Thailand has a dizzying effect but just when you think you’re seeing double…You Know You’re in Thailand When…
– You dress for the full moon in pink sunglasses, a muscle shirt, glow-in-the-dark body paint, and a hat that says “Same Same…But Different”
– You are coerced by your “free” Tuk Tuk driver to shop for suits, swear you’ll only browse for five minutes, then you spend three hours drinking Chang and dancing to “Gangnam Style” with the tailor and his kids
– In Thai, there is sexual innuendo in just about everything
– Dissing the king could mean 15 years in the slammer…#Selfies with Rama 9? Eternal salvation!
– Long-distance buses look more like a spaceship than a Greyhound
– A “bucket” at a Thai beach isn’t for sand, it’s for Songkran whiskey, Red Bull, and Roofies*
(Bucket Safety Rules: #1. Use the buddy system #2. Buy your bucket from a 7-Eleven, not the guys in a wooden shack)