- Luxury Travel
- Budget Travel
- Trip Coach
Known for Victoria Falls but deserves infamy for so much more, Zambia stole our hearts and kept it racing. From adrenaline-packed activities, incredible wildlife encounters, and recent economic success after endless turmoil, this landlocked country in Southern Africa is worth a closer look.
You know you are in Zambia when….
…Nshima (cream of wheat with the consistency of play-dough) is not just the staple at every meal….it is the elixir of life.
…Chapa drivers earn extra money if they break the sound barrier (we are not sure on this fact, but it must be true).
…A fishing trip is just as likely to result in catching a tiger fish as it is an African elephant encounter.
…”Closed Road” signs are merely a suggestion.
…Your waterfalls are so massive the only way to truly grasp their magnitude is on a flying scooter.
…The lack of a railing combined with the slippery algae-covered floors around Victoria Falls would give an American safety inspector a coronary. Solution: Hold each other tight!
…You haven’t had a proper day in Livingstone until you bungee jump, raft in crocodile infested water, free-fall off a gorge wall, and stood 8 inches from the slippery edge of the largest waterfall in the world.
…Everyone uses their extra cash to buy bricks for their “second home” so they don’t need to lend it to their broke uncle.
…You don’t have to set your alarm clock because the South Luangwa hippos go off automatically.
3. Stay in touch on Facebook
5. Check out our sponsors
7. Popular Postsarchitecture beach biking boat campervans City Guide city living culture elephant elephants fish fishing food friends glacier hike Hikes hitchhike homestay hotels in transit islands Jungle kayak lake luxury motorbikes mountains natural wonders packing river road trip safari temple temples trek trekking Trip Coach trip planning Videos vineyards Water Adventures waterfalls wine You Know You're In...
9. Watch HoneyTrek TVComing soon...
10. Check out our sponsors
11. Get A Quote From Our Favorite Travel Insurance
12. A list of everything we packed