- North America
- South America
- Luxury Travel
- Budget Travel
- Trip Coach
Brazil is the first stop on our around-the-world HoneyTrek! And we are diving in head first with a landing into the heart of the Amazon! Manaus is the biggest town in the jungle and a great jumping off point for riverboat excursions to visit indigenous villages, spot river dolphins, monkeys, crocodiles and whatever else is waiting for us there. We’ll spend about a week exploring the jungle then we fly back out to the coast (the Amazon is pretty impassible by car).
Starting in the town of Belem, we’ll drive down the coast for three weeks hitting towns like Sao Luis, Chapada Diamantina, Lençóis Maranhenses, Bonito, Jalapão, Fernando de Noronha,
and Salvador before we arrive to Rio.
We’ve planned it so we hit Rio in the thick of Carnival–we may be way in over our head but we are willing to find out. To further that, a friend of a friend who runs a samba school is trying to sign us up to dance/march in the parade (headdress, anyone?).
After rocking out in Rio for the four days of debaucherie (and maybe hang gliding around that Christ statue on the hill), we’ll be heading to the legendary Igauzu Falls on the southern border before we cruise through Argentina.
As always, our planning is a work in progress so we’d love your recommendations on towns, excursions, restaurants, lodging, or anything you think would be helpful during our stay in Brazil.
Please post any ideas in the “Add New Comment” section below, or email us at [email protected]
2. Updates Via Email
4. Stay in touch on Facebook
5. Watch HoneyTrek TV
7. Check out our premier sponsor
8. Popular Postsarchitecture beach biking boat City Guide city living culture elephants fish fishing food friends glacier hike Hikes hitchhike homestay hotels in transit islands Jungle kayak lake motorbikes mountains natural wonders packing river road trip safari scuba temple temples trek trekking Trip Coach trip planning Videos vineyards volcano Water Adventures waterfalls wildlife wine You Know You're In...
11. Check out our premier sponsor
12. A list of everything we packed